Market Street School

between Grove Street & Pierson's Alley

Additional Photos


From Reports of the City Officers for the year 1873:

The School House in Market Street was erected in 1849. The lot is 50 feet on Market Street by 200 feet deep, and cost $4,000.

This building was occupied as a Grammar School until 1868, when the Grammar School pupils living south of Bank Street, were transferred to the Washington Street school, and those north of Bank Street to Burnet Street, and a Grammar School in this Ward (Second) discontinued.