St. Augustine's Parochial School

70 Jay Street



From: Essex County, NJ, Illustrated 1897

This school was founded in 1874. The two story building is situated at 70 Jay Street near Sussex Avenue. Its dimensions are 74 x 32 feet, and is valued at $12,600, including the building together with the four lots surrounding it. There are four classrooms for the accommodation of more than three hundred children. The school is in the charge of Rev. Father Neidermeyer and the Sisters of Charity.