August 25, 1907 - Thirty-Eight Years in German-English School
From: Essex County, NJ, Illustrated 1897
This renowned institute located in the center of the city was incorporated in 1856. It comprises a kindergarten, a primary and a grammar department. The rooms are light and well ventilated. In a seven years coarse, the pupils are prepared for the public high school. Besides the common English studies, the German language and gymnastics are taught. A library of over 600 volumns is in the reach of the pupils.
The tuition is exceedingly low. The faculty consists of nine teachers besides the principal.
|Copyright 1998 - 2018 Glenn G. Geisheimer|